Long-Term Missionary Service
A Kentucky Mission Support Catalyst (KY-MSC), is an adult (18 years of age or older), called by God and connected to a Kentucky Baptist Convention church, who commits to serve from 9 months to 3 years (renewable). The positions engage in or directly support missions, church planting, collegiate ministry or evangelism, in cooperative partnership with a Kentucky Baptist Convention church, association or organization. Kentucky Mission Support Catalysts are self-funded.
- Candidates are baptized Christ followers who are 18 years of age or older.
- The KY-MSC application (click here to download) must be completed (a 30-day approval process is typical).
- Education and experience requirements are established by the field request.
- Candidates must commit to the KBC missionary conduct pledge (attached to the KY-MSC application).
- Must serve a minimum of 20 hours per week for the duration of the assignment (allowing for normal time off).
- Application and placement are administered by the Kentucky Baptist Convention’s Missions Mobilization Team.
- Candidates must be active members of a local KBC church.
- Approved applicants are considered KBC self-funded missions personnel.
- Basic training and a commissioning service is provided.
- Missionary placement is available in, but not limited to, these open opportunities.
For additional information, contact Missions Mobilization Coordinator Teresa Parrett.
To complete the KY-MSC application & the Position Request Form:
- Click the link to download the Word document (application) (request form).
- When the “Save As” box opens, click SAVE.
- Open the application and complete it in Microsoft Word.
- Send the application to Teresa Parrett at by email at firstname.lastname@example.org; by fax at (606) 679-7935; or by mail at Teresa Parrett, 131-B Lookout Street, Somerset, KY 42501-1760.